Thursday, July 19, 2012

quality ingredients

You better believe I am going to be baking with the best ingredients I possibly can for sugar & spice & everything nice.  That means all my favorite Trader Joe's baking supplies I brought in my consumables will be used.  If I don't put it in my baked goods I create for my family it won't be in my treats for sale with Ladytroupe Sweets.
sad fake brown sugar


Some sugars and spices are in fact nicer than others.  I prefer to use C&H real light and dark brown sugar instead of this crummy Costco purchase that was made in a haste during our hectic consumables shopping.  That generic brand is just sugar mixed with molasses.  It's doesn't taste nearly as rich with caramel flavors as real brown sugar.  I'm sad I have two big bags of this now.  Such a sad waste.  

I use Trader Joe's pure bourbon vanilla extract because the flavor is exceptional.  Same thing with their unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon.

Off to bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment