Friday, November 30, 2012

cupcakes and Swiss buttercream


I made my first batch of Swiss buttercream this morning for the cocoa brownies.  It wasn't nearly as difficult as everyone made it sound and the texture is just unbeatable.  It's like satin and holds its shape wonderfully.  This means I need to work on my piping skills.

I also made Amaretto cupcakes which are perfect for the holidays.  I love the boozy quality of the flavor in the frosting.  I might have to make these for a New Years Party or our Holiday party.
I'm using a little back-up camera right now because my Nikon has passed on.  I am waiting on a newer model to arrive so I apologize for the lack-luster photos.  It's killing me!

1 comment:

  1. Your newer model will be there in about 20 days along with ME! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete