Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Market Day Sept 28

Friday is coming up quickly again.  We are celebrating Meskel this week here in Ethiopia and it's truly an amazing celebration of the founding of the Ethiopian Orthodox church.  You can see more of my photos from the ICS Meskel celebration here.

I'm excited because my two older girls don't have school on Thursday and Friday so they get to help me bake and then set up at the market.  Adelaide, my eldest daughter is especially excited to help out.  Cooking with my girls is my very favorite thing to do.

As always, the market is at the US Embassy Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 12:00 -1:30 PM.  Ladytroupe Sweets tends to sell out in the first hour though so if you'd like to have a choice from the full selection of treats, please come early!

I accept special orders as well, so if you would like to take a batch of something home for the weekend or a party just let me know.

The menu for Friday:
Maple Walnut scones
Apple Cinnamon scones
Toasted Coconut scones
Classic Chocolate Chip cookies
Chocolate Chip cookies with peanut M&M's
Full Bloom Vanilla Bean sugar cookies
Bagels: sesame and poppy seed

No comments:

Post a Comment