Friday, September 28, 2012

bagles


I miss going to the store in the States to buy fresh bagels.  Luckily, I have a wonderful boiled bagel recipe that fills that craving.  I think I might even like my homemade bagels better.  Homemade is usually better.  Don't you agree?

At the market today there will be sesame and poppy seed topped bagels for sale.  The dough is made with a combination of white and whole wheat flour with just a touch of honey.  Get them while they last!
I like to slice my bagel in half and eat it toasted with cream cheese.  Sadly, cream cheese is not always available here in Addis Ababa.  If you need some other ideas for bagel toppings, try honey butter.  Whip together equal parts honey and butter and slather it on a warm bagel.  I also really like nut butter (peanut or almond) and then a sprinkle of toasted coconut on top.  I tend to lean towards the sweet toppings but savory is delicious too!  What goes on your bagel?

No comments:

Post a Comment