Thursday, August 1, 2013

baking lately

I am always trying new things in my kitchen and it's been awhile since I've updated my products list as well as my catering photos.  May and June were fun months for experimentation.  Here's what's been baking lately.

Macarons: these light almond flour and meringue based cookie are light and crispy filled with creamy pistachio Swiss meringue buttercream and tart passion fruit curd.  The flavors are endless with macarons.  Challenge me!
Rustic peach and ginger galette with lavender sugar.  Perfect for afternoon tea.
 Homemade apple fritters.  Simply amazing and decadent. These were my Father's Day gift to my husband.
 I provided 130 cupcakes for Head To Toe Preschool's end of the year circus extravaganza.

 Browned butter bacon chocolate chip cookies.  The salty sweet combination is inspiring me lately.  These amazing cookies will surprise you in a good way.
Blueberry white chocolate bread pudding with white chocolate rum sauce.  Rustic and simple but the rum sauce really elevates this bread pudding to a dinner party type dessert.
Vanilla ice cream cake with chocolate wafer layers.  All tinted pink for my eldest daughter's 6th birthday.  This mile high cake served close to 50 people.  We all wished there were leftovers!

No comments:

Post a Comment