Thursday, October 11, 2012

Menu for Oct 12

The flu bug is going around the schools here in Addis and the kids have all been sick.  It's been a tough week but I'm still going to be at Market Day.  Come and say hello!  I might look a little sleepy but I promise to still be smiling.

Here's what's on the menu for this week:
Buttermilk Spice cupcakes with caramel frosting
Vanilla Bean scones
Cherry Dark Chocolate scones
Cinnamon Currant scones
Classic Chocolate Chip cookies
Browned butter chocolate chip cookies

Last night I made the buttermilk (it was so neat) and today I ground the fresh cloves for the cupcakes.  Everyone always says, great ingredients make a great product and I wholeheartedly believe this.  Fresh and homemade is they way to go.  My entire kitchen smelled like these lovely whole cloves.
I'm really excited about the cupcakes because I love caramel and I can't wait to see how the frosting turns out.  

No comments:

Post a Comment